Street Youth Drop-In Center
The Micah 6 Street Youth Drop-In Center provides services for young adults age 30 and younger who are street dependent. We presently have two drop-in afternoons on Saturdays and Sundays. Computer labs, a hot, home cooked meal, snacks, basic clothing, TV, a laundry, and toiletries are provided.
The Street Youth program is located in University Baptist Church, 2107 San Antonio Street, Austin TX 78705.
Saturdays, 12:30 - 3:00 PM
Sundays, 2:00 - 6:00 PM
Street Youth Volunteers
Volunteers serve as adult role models who can interact with the youth, occasionally participate in activities and games, but primarily are there to provide an adult presence at the center. All volunteers must have completed a background check prior to beginning their volunteer service. Contact the Director of Street Youth Services, Randal “Mac” McKaskle, to volunteer. Phone: 512-538-6332 ext. 206
Street Youth Donations
Travel-sized toiletries are always needed. Donations location: TBD
Street Youth FAQ
Where is the Street Youth Drop-In Center located?
The center is located in the lower floor of the University Baptist Church administration building (2107 San Antonio Street, one block west of the UT campus). It occupies two rooms: a large room with tables for dinner seating, games, etc. as well as for computer use, and the smaller “atrium room” furnished with sofas and love seats. We also provide small “kennels” for pet dogs and puppies outside.
What services are available?
The center is staffed by several hosts each afternoon and offers a safe, comfortable place for homeless youth in Austin to:
· Visit with friends and acquaintances
· Use any of the computers with internet access that Micah 6 provides in the large room
· Play games or engage in arts and crafts
· Rest, relax, stay cool in the summer & warm in the winter
· Nap and lounge on the sofas
· Use the rest rooms (very few are available to the homeless in the UT area)
· Get plenty of water & tea
· Get snacks and eat an early supper -- typically described as their best meal of the week